Wednesday, December 1, 2010

2010 Year-end Blessings...

Tis the Season to be jolly... & a special time for reflection!

It was just a year ago, that I was in Jamnagar, India on an Intro to Ayurvedia Course and had decided I wanted to share this Lifestyle and wondrous treatments with others... I feel grateful to have accomplished this goal and blessed to be living it also! I'm now 21 weeks pregnant~ still a vegetarian, oiling my body daily & taking Ayurveda Home Remedies whenever the need arises.

I've had many clients share their experience of Wellness and recovery, however Riona Lall's story has touched me the most- so to speak ;-)

Shoulder stands, fish poses and oil!

"I have always thought of myself as a mixed bag of flavors: successful, driven, compassionate, fun, energetic, filled with joy etc.

Health was a given ( okay a little bit overweight – but nothing serious.) Over the last few years, I started to pick up weight but always managed to bring it back down , but with the scale creeping up little by little. I thought less active lifestyle (I started working in an office) and more stress etc were the cause.

Eventually creeping started turning to almost outward acceleration – in the wrong direction J. At the same time, my sister and mum were diagnosed with poor thyroid function. Oh o! So I had my thyroid tested and yes , turns out that’s the cause of the scale creep ( and some lazy lifestyle habits as well if I’m being truly honest)

“Medication – lifelong medication”, warned my endocrinologist, “ if you don’t improve”. Yikes! Really did not want to start chronic medication so young. First the body shock then the mental one – change is inevitable.

I needed to help myself...

I tried some main stream and not so main stream solutions and it worked after a little persistence!

My remedy: a combination of Yoga, Ayurveda and vitamin supplements.

· Daily shoulder stands followed by fish pose – really “works” your thyroid area. Yoga is the only system that stimulates and promotes the endocrine system.

· Oil massages (Abhyanga Oil Massage - body massage and Shirodhara – warm oil on the forehead) seemed more like beauty than health treatments and you feel great after wards.

· Vitamin D3 supplements and Omega 3 (oil again)

Of course this was not an overnight cure! But I do have the test results to prove theory:

1 year ago – thyroid function at 3.11 ( should be 1.5 at optimum)

6 months ago – no much movement – same sort of levels 3.11

Now – 1.45 ...Whew! ( And the only things I did differently – the yoga and the oil massages.)

Start investing in yourself by healing yourself on all the different levels – body , mind and spirit.

PS. You too can snore away in bliss on Claire's treatment bed – she really won't wake you up. Apparently it’s all part of the healing. "

No comments: